Piaggio Fly 150 IE
Australia’s No.1 selling scooter; the brilliant FLY 150 soars to a new level of refinement with the addition of Piaggio’s super-efficient 3 valve motor featuring improved performance, fuel economy, and industry-leading service intervals to lower running costs. In the scooter market, there is no more successful model in Australia than Piaggio’s FLY 150 maintaining the coveted No.1 position to outsell all other scooters in the Australian market over the last 5 years.
Piaggio Brand Manager Gavan Moody says “Piaggio’s ability to up-spec. and improve the FLY without impacting price has been a major contributor to FLY’s success. This has maintained FLY’s appeal to the practical commuter looking for a functional and affordable way to get around our cities.” When first released FLY quickly established itself as a resilient and reliable choice for the commuter with improvements like advanced EFI introduced over this period to reduce emissions while improving starting and performance. The introduction of increased storage and the addition of an electronic anti-theft immobilizer also contributed to keeping FLY the popular choice.
The latest improvement, extending the fitment of the Vespa proven 3 valve engine to the model sees fuel economy go well over the 30klm per litre mark. Improved performance and reduced vibration are also highlights of the new motor allowing it to comfortably travel at all speeds up to 100 km per hr. Subtle features, like fold away passenger pegs and side stand with engine safety switch are retained on the new model and top case can easily be fitted to the rear for extra storage if required.
The new 3 Valve FLY 150 comes with a 2-year unlimited km warranty.
- Vespa proved 150 cc EFI 3 valve engine with low friction bearings for significantly improved fuel economy, better performance, and reduced emissions.
- Latest generation EFI system with advanced mapping, fuel and timing control
- New low resistance starter for quiet and efficient starting
- New air cooling system also for quiet and more efficient engine cooling.
- Significantly reduced service cost with industry-leading 10,000 km periods.
- Class-leading security Coded Key Immobiliser.
- Powerful Halogen headlamp.
- Handy side stand with safety enhanced engine lock-out for easier and practical parking (plus center stand).
- Large under-seat storage area.
- Handy fold-out pegs for the pillion passenger.
- Easy access external filler fuel tank with lockable cap.
- Front Disc brake and powerful rear drum for strong, predictable, and safe stopping in all conditions.
- Fuel Gauge and digital clock displayed on the dash.
- Convenient shopping bag hook and lockable glove compartment for extra storage.
- 2-year unlimited kilometer warranty.
Engine type – Single cylinder, 4 strokes, 3 valves
Fuel distribution system – Fuel Injection
Displacement – 154.8 cc
Max. Power – 8.7 kW/ 7,500 rpm
Max. Torque – 12.0 Nm/ 5,000 rpm
Cooling system – Forced air
Transmission – Automatic CVT
Front Suspension – Hydraulic telescopic fork
Rear Suspension – Single shock absorber
Front brake – 220 mm disc brake
Rear brake – 140 mm drum brake
Front tyre – Tubeless 120/70 – 12″
Rear tyre – Tubeless 120/70 – 12″
Length – 1,850 mm
Width – 695 mm
Wheelbase – 1,325 mm
Seat height – 760 mm
Fuel capacity – 7.0 l
Kerb weight – 120 kg
The range of colors is extensive and ever-changing. Piaggio constantly introduces new colors for its Piaggio and Vespa ranges to keep the choices fresh. Simply put, with Piaggio brands there is a great choice of colors and you’ll be sure to find one that suits your style. Not all colors available at all times due to stock availability. Images are for illustration purposes only. * Top speed is an estimation and may vary dependent on loads and conditions.